This Steak and Potato Kabob recipe has baby potatoes, baby sweet peppers and chunks of beef that are grilled and then served with an easy dill aioli in this summer version of steak and potatoes.
Which is why I am here posting this recipe on the 4th of July. I know not very many people are going to be online today. I know a lot of other bloggers probably won’t post today and take the day off.
But like I said – I like routine. I am a slave to my schedule. 🙂
The truth of the matter is that I just need to share this recipe with you all. So easy. So delicious. It’s been a week since I made them, and I’m craving them like crazy again.
We are a steak and potatoes loving family. In fact, my daughter, who is 5 years old, is one of the biggest steak fans. Normally, it’s a struggle to get her to eat different foods, but put a steak in front of her and she will go to town.
And my kids – like many kids, I’m guessing – think that everything is better when you can dip it into something. That is where this Easy Dill Aioli comes in handy!!
I actually fell in love with potatoes with aioli back in 2010. And now the combination is one of my favorite things. This dip is packed with fresh herb flavor, and goes perfectly with the grilled vegetables and meat.
So when I saw this combination of steak and potatoes on a kabob in the latest copy of Every Day with Rachael Ray, I knew I needed to give it a try. A steak and potato kabob recipe? Count me in! I loved the idea of basting a kabob with an aioli. And I loved the idea of grilling the baby peppers. I have always wanted to buy the mini peppers at the store, but have never really known how to use them.
And let me tell you – I will be grilling these peppers from here until the end of time. I seriously almost went through all of the kabobs and pulled off the peppers just for myself!!
This Steak and Potato Kabob Recipe would be perfect for this holiday weekend, or for any summer night. They don’t take very much time to prep, and can even be assembled ahead of time if needed. I know I’ll be soaking up the rest of summer with grilled kabobs!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Steak and Potato Kabob Recipe
Baby potatoes, baby sweet peppers and chunks of beef are grilled and then served with an easy dill aioli in this summer version of steak and potatoes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
Easy Dill Aioli
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roughly minced fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 14-21 baby potatoes
- 1 lb steak (I used petite sirloin), cut into large cubes
- 14-21 baby peppers
Make the aioli:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Refrigerate until needed.
Make the kebobs:
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until the potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Thread skewers alternating the potatoes, beef and peppers.
- Transfer half of the aioli to a small bowl.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, basting with half of the aioli. Cook until the potatoes and peppers are charred and the beef is cooked, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Serve with the remaining dill aioli.
inspired by: Every Day with Rachael Ray July/August 2014