A simple marinade packs a ton of flavor in these super simple Rosemary Ranch Chicken Skewers that can be turned into a Chicken Flatbread Sandwich with Balsamic Ranch the next day!
This post is sponsored by Kroger
I think that I have made it my goal this year to make lunches more exciting. I’ve done sandwiches, I’ve done wraps, and now I’m back to share another recipe with you that can go from dinner to lunch!!
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to lunch, easy is the name of the game. My kids don’t eat lunch at school, but it’s still a struggle some days to come up with an idea of what to make them for lunch that doesn’t take much time or effort – they can be quite impatient! And I do try to make a lunch for my husband to take to work each day, so when it’s late at night and I’m putting his lunch together, I don’t want to have to be cooking anything. I need for it to basically already be done. 🙂
But first, let’s start with these Rosemary Ranch Chicken Skewers. This is my perfect idea of an ideal weeknight meal. As long as you can remember to throw a few ingredients together to marinate the chicken, then you’ll also think this is the easiest recipe ever. The only thing that takes any time at all is threading the chicken onto the skewers. It’s a little messy, as well, but totally worth it.
And I know we are at the tail end of the warm weather, and these are perfect for grilling out on these perfect summer evenings, but they can easily be grilled indoors on a grill pan, too. So no matter the weather, an easy dinner is right at your fingertips!
Not only are these skewers easy, but they are extremely tasty as well. They are definitely not lacking in flavor – the ranch and the rosemary are such a great combination!
But it doesn’t end there. You’ll use 2/3 of the chicken for dinner, then the leftover chicken can be used to make this great lunch idea – Chicken Flatbread Sandwiches. You only need two words to be sold on these – Balsamic. Ranch. Two words that are magical to me. That, with the leftover amazingly flavorful chicken all on soft flatbread? Who would be able to resist?? Not me, that’s for sure. I love it when lunch comes together so incredibly easy. And this is seriously family friendly – I think it would be great for lunchboxes of all ages!
I made both the chicken and the balsamic ranch with the Classic Buttermilk Ranch from Private Selection. Seriously – all of the Kroger brand products are top notch, but I am seriously in love with their Private Selection label.
I’m starting to fall in love with these 2-for-1 meals – you just may see more of them out of me yet!
- ½ cup Private Selection Classic Buttermilk Ranch
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- Black pepper
- 2 – 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons Private Selection Classic Buttermilk ranch
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 pieces of flatbread
- In a large zip top bag, combine the ranch dressing, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, rosemary, sugar, and vinegar. Season with pepper. Add the chicken and stir to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, then grill until no longer pink in the center, 8-9 minutes, turning as needed. Serve ⅔ of the chicken and reserve the remaining chicken for the sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch and the balsamic vinegar.
- On each piece of flatbread, layer lettuce, some of the leftover chicken and tomatoes. Drizzle with the balsamic ranch dressing.
*adapted from allrecipes.com
More Ranch Favorites:
I am in a working relationship with Kroger, but all opinions are my own. I love Kroger and the Kroger brand products and thank them for encouraging me to find a way to make lunchtime more exciting.