Bacon wrapped chicken thighs and chunks of pineapple are marinated in teriyaki sauce in these easy Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. They make the perfect grilling dinner!
Ok, you guys – don’t start getting out the pumpkin and the soups and comforting casseroles quite yet. It’s still summer!! I know that school has started for many, or will be starting shortly, but the weather is still hot and those grills need to be even hotter. Because there is still plenty of grilling time left this year.
If you know me, you know that I am a cookbook hoarder. I have hundreds of them. But there are a select few that will always be my go-to cookbooks that I cook from often and will recommend to others. And the cookbooks from Our Best Bites are at the top of that list. So it’s no surprise that I was so excited when I heard that they were releasing a new book – but this time in ebook format. And it’s even better that it’s all about grilling – which I’ve been totally addicted to this year. The Ultimate Grill Guide is not only full of recipes, but you also get videos, tutorials, and free printables*.
Let me just tell you – you need this book. Especially with Labor Day right around the corner. If you are planning a holiday party, this ebook will be your one stop shop. Grilling recipes for burgers, steak, chicken and pork. Sauces and marinades to keep things exciting. You can even learn how to grill pizza or asparagus. Of course there are desserts, made on the grill! And I can’t wait to go crazy on the drink chapter.
I think one thing that sets this book apart, though, is all of the information you are given. Want to know how to grill the perfect steak? They’ll walk you through it! There are also great illustrations about different cuts of meat, and how-to videos for if you are a visual learner.
It is honestly one of the best e-cookbooks I have seen.
So go and purchase your copy of The Ultimate Grill Guide, and get that grill going. And start planning that Labor Day party, because you’re going to want to have an excuse to invite friends over after you read through this book!
Buy The Ultimate Grill Guide here.
I’m sharing a recipe with you all from The Ultimate Grill Guide. And really, all I need to say is “bacon wrapped” and no other words are necessary, right? I’m a huge sucker for anything with teriyaki, so I kind of stopped in my tracks when I saw these Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. I was blown away by the whole chapter on drinks, and really wanted to try all of them, but these skewers called my name and I had to answer. 🙂
I did change the recipe just a bit and used my own homemade teriyaki sauce, simply because I had some on hand. They do include a teriyaki sauce recipe in the book, though, and I’d like to try it out sometime. And the pineapples were on sale, so I used fresh pineapple, although you could substitute in canned pineapple if you need to.
I love that such simple ingredients make such an amazing meal. I loved the pieces where the bacon was extra crispy, and the chicken stays super moist and tender because it’s wrapped in the bacon. There is such great flavor here. It’s the perfect grilling recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
Bacon wrapped chicken thighs and chunks of pineapple are marinated in teriyaki sauce in these easy Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. The perfect grilling dinner!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Total Time: 34 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 oz bacon (not thick cut)
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks*
- Homemade teriyaki sauce
- kebab skewers
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Remove the bacon from the package and stretch it out a little lengthwise. Cut the bacon into thirds. (If you use center cut bacon, it is shorter, so you’ll only need to cut it in half.)
- Set up a work station with the chicken, bacon and chunked pineapple. Wrap a piece of bacon around a piece of chicken, then add it to a skewer. Top with a chunk of pineapple. Repeat, using more bacon wrapped chicken and pineapple. (I mostly did 2 pieces of chicken and then a pineapple chunk, repeating.) Place the skewers in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the top of the skewers, reserving about 1/4 cup of the sauce. Cover the dish and marinate for at least 4 hours, but no longer than 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill to 350º-400ºF. Place the skewers on the grill and baste with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Cook for 7 minutes, turn the skewers and baste with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Cook an additional 7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
Total time does not include marinating time.
*canned pineapple may be substituted for fresh.
You may not use all of the bacon or all of the pineapple.
adapted from The Ultimate Grill Guide by Our Best Bites
*free printables are not available if you order the book through iTunes.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!