Easy breadsticks that are done in one hour – perfect for a weeknight!
I have been really getting into making more of my own bread lately. I used to be scared of yeast breads, but I am learning that it is really not as intimidating as I once thought it was to make delicious yeast bread at home.
These breadsticks are not only extremely delicious, but they are super easy as well. In fact, they are easy enough to make on a weeknight while you whip up dinner!! That’s my kind of bread!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for the baking sheet)
- garlic salt, herbs/spices of your choice, and/or parmesan cheese
- Combine the water, yeast, sugar, flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and knead for three minutes. Let the dough rest 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Spread the melted butter on a 11x17-inch baking sheet. Roll the dough out to ¼ to ½-inch thickness, then cut into strips with a pizza cutter. If desired, twist slightly. Place about ½-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt, herbs and/or parmesan cheese. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.