Pancakes and sausage in one! These Breakfast Meatballs are a creative way to eat your breakfast.
Yesterday, I gave you a recipe to make your own pancake mix. Well, once you make up those pancakes, there are other ways to eat those pancakes besides just with syrup! And stay tuned tomorrow for another great use for that pancake mix!
This is such a fun way to change up breakfast – and they are mighty delicious, too!!
- 2 lbs breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 egg
- 4 pancakes, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the sausage, syrup and egg in a bowl. Add in the pancake and mix just until combined. Form the mixture into tablespoon sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a little bit of additional maple syrup.
- Bake until cooked through, 22-25 minutes. Serve immediately.