Breakfast made easy – these Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket will be a hit with kids and adults!
My kids also love anything that is hands on. Give them anything they can dip or dunk, and they will be over the moon. So when I came across the idea to make pigs in a blanket for breakfast, I knew it would be something that we all would love!!
This easy breakfast idea starts with sausage links (yum!) that are rolled up inside crescent rolls (yum!) that are brushed with maple syrup (yum!) and then baked until golden brown. And then you dip the finished rolls in more maple syrup. 5 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep time, and breakfast is done in a jiffy.
Not only are these super kid friendly, but they would be perfect for company. Serve them up for brunch and they are sure to be a hit!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 8 breakfast sausage links
- 1 can (8 oz) crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the sausages according to the package direction; set aside.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Brush the maple syrup over the surface of the crescent rolls. Place one sausage on the wide end of each crescent triangle, roll up and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg with a splash of water. Brush the tops of the crescents with the egg wash. (You don't need to use it all, just enough to cover the tops of the dough.) Sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Serve with more maple syrup, for dipping.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas: