Breakfast or dessert? These pancakes – made from cake batter – are a real treat for any birthday boy or girl!
So, today is my birthday. And since I’ve been wanting to make these Birthday Cake Pancakes, I knew this would be the perfect chance! And get this – those are just made from cake batter. Truly a decadent breakfast!! The recipe is also over at the Cafe Zupas blog today. Make sure you keep the size to 3-inch pancakes. Anything larger is just too hard to flip.
I’ve been dying to try to re-create my favorite birthday cake from my childhood – but from scratch, so I will be attempting to do that today. (Yes, I totally want to make my own birthday cake!) Hopefully all will go well and I’ll be sharing the recipe tomorrow!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ingredients called for on the back of the cake mix
- powdered sugar
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour cake batter onto hot griddle to make 3-inch pancakes. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Let cook for several minutes until the bottom side is lightly browned. Carefully flip over – you may need 2 spatulas. Cook on the second side for an additional minute before removing from griddle.
- Continue with the rest of the batter.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar with enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pour on top of “pancakes” and sprinkle with extra sprinkles. Celebrate!!