Breakfast or dessert? These pancakes – made from cake batter – are a real treat for any birthday boy or girl!
So, today is my birthday. And since I’ve been wanting to make these Birthday Cake Pancakes, I knew this would be the perfect chance! And get this – those are just made from cake batter. Truly a decadent breakfast!! Make sure you keep the size to 3-inch pancakes. Anything larger is just too hard to flip.
I’ve been dying to try to re-create my favorite birthday cake from my childhood – but from scratch, so I will be attempting to do that today. (Yes, I totally want to make my own birthday cake!) Hopefully all will go well and I’ll be sharing the recipe tomorrow!
Looking for more free recipes?
Make birthdays extra special with these Birthday Cake Pancakes.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ingredients called for on the back of the cake mix
- powdered sugar
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour cake batter onto hot griddle to make 3-inch pancakes. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Let cook for several minutes until the bottom side is lightly browned. Carefully flip over – you may need 2 spatulas. Cook on the second side for an additional minute before removing from griddle.
- Continue with the rest of the batter.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar with enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pour on top of “pancakes” and sprinkle with extra sprinkles. Celebrate!!
slightly adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray