The perfect peach pie for any occasion. This Sour Cream Peach Pie has a sour cream and peach based filling that is topped with lots of streusel topping.
If you’ve been following me for awhile, you will know that I am a little bit obsessed with peach season. Without a doubt, peaches are the produce that I most look forward to every year. I cannot get enough of them. Last year, I did a whole peach themed week, and even though I don’t have that many peach recipes for you this year, you will definitely be getting a few of them.
Starting with this pie. You see, I had been craving a peach pie for weeks. Weeks before I saw any of the beautiful Utah peaches hit the stands. So you can bet that one of the first things I did when I did get my hands on some peaches was make a pie!
I didn’t want to go with a straight up peach pie. I wanted to change it up a little bit, but to still keep true to a peach pie so that the peach flavor would shine. And I immediately thought of one of my all-time favorite pies – Sour Cream Apple Pie. I had never had a sour cream peach pie, but I know they are fairly common, so I thought I’d give it a try.
And let me tell you – my beloved apple pie might have a contender for my favorite pie. This pie was so good. So good. So good, in fact, that my husband and I polished it off in 3 days. By ourselves. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I was sad to see the empty pan in the sink. I’m pretty sure that this pie will become a yearly favorite in our house!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Sour Cream Peach Pie
The perfect peach pie for any occasion. A sour cream and peach based filling is topped with lots of streusel topping.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 single pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roll out the crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Prick generously with a fork. Spray a piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray and place over the crust and weight with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and the foil and return the crust to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and almond extract. Fold in the peaches. Pour the filling into the pie crust and return to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the streusel topping: In a medium bowl, add the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the butter until it resembles pea-sized pieces or smaller.
- Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the streusel topping over it evenly. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-20 minutes, or until the topping is browned. If needed, cover the edges of the pie with foil to prevent over-browning.
See how these other bloggers make peach pie:
Peach and Blueberry Pie from Andrea Meyers
Old Fashioned Peach Lattice Pie from SCK Recipes
Ginger Skillet Peach Pie from Butter and Sugar
Raspberry Peach Hand Pies from 30 Pounds of Apples
Salted Caramel Peach Crumble Pie from Evil Shenanigans