An easy, tender beef roast recipe made in the slow cooker, then served on rolls with an easy Ranch Horseradish sauce.
But my one problem with the warm weather is that I don’t know how to cook in the summer.
Yes – I know that produce is awesome, but I crave lasagna and soup and comforting chicken dishes year round. So the temperatures might be going up, and the farmer’s markets might be opening, but I’m stuck not even knowing what to make for dinner.
A couple of years ago, I spent weeks just making appetizer. Small bites, easy dinner. But this year, I think it might be the summer of sandwiches. Or slow cookers.
I’ve said it before, but I feel like so many people only pull out their slow cookers in the winter months. But me? I think they are perfect for the summer. No need to warm up your kitchen with the oven. And you can go out and play all day and not have to worry about spending a lot of time making dinner when you get home.
So today, I’m combining my two summer staples – sandwiches and slow cookers. Throw in some horseradish and ranch, and some banana peppers – you have a fabulous dinner that is super easy and packed with flavor. And if I could eat like this all summer, I’d be a happy girl. (Just don’t be surprised if I post a soup recipe in July.) 🙂
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 2-3 lb beef roast
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian seasoning mix
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup pepperoncini juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Hoagie rolls
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Place the beef roast in a large slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top, as well as the onion and green pepper. Pour the beef broth and the pepperoncini juice over the top, cover, and cook on low for 12 hours, or until the beef easily shreds.
- When the beef is done, remove from the slow cooker to a cutting board and shred. Return to the slow cooker and stir into the juices.
- Make the Ranch Horseradish Sauce: Stir together all of the ingredients.
- To make the sandwich: Turn the oven onto broil. Spread one side of the bun with the Ranch Horseradish sauce. Top with some of the shredded beef, then cover with provolone cheese. Put under the broiler until the cheese melts. Top with pepperoncini peppers.
More Warm Weather Slow Cooker Recipes: