Chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese top a quick crust for these easy Chicken Club Squares.
I had been craving a BLT, so when I ran across this recipe, I thought, “hey, this is kinda like a Rachael Ray twist on a BLT. This could be good!” I put it on the menu, and was looking forward to it. The actual recipe calls for turkey, but since I didn’t have any turkey, I opted for chicken instead. The original recipe also serves 6, and since there are only 2 of us, I cut the crust in half, but changed up the amounts on the toppings a bit. (**recipe below is updated to the full servings**)
This was good and was perfect for a weeknight meal. I was thinking that it would be ok to just put on half of a cookie sheet, but since I halved the recipe and the dough only went halfway down the cookie sheet, the side that was exposed was a little burnt. I would either use a smaller sheet or a pizza tin next time. It was a little dry at first, but the addition of the ranch dressing solved that. Both Josh and I decided that the topping of this would be great on some good grilled bread (maybe panini style??)
Looking for more free recipes?
Chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese top a quick crust for this easy dinner idea.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium roma tomato, diced
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Grease a 12×8-inch baking sheet or 9×13-inch dish.
- Stir together the Bisquick, 1/3 cup mayonnaise and the milk until a soft dough forms. Press into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, chicken, bacon and green onions. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle the tomato and cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Serve topped with shredded lettuce and ranch dressing.
adapted from Betty Crocker’s Quick and Easy Cookbook