Chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese top a quick crust for these easy Chicken Club Squares.
Photo and Recipe Updated November 2013
I had been craving a BLT, so when I ran across this recipe, I thought, “hey, this is kinda like a Rachael Ray twist on a BLT. This could be good!” I put it on the menu, and was looking forward to it. The actual recipe calls for turkey, but since I didn’t have any turkey, I opted for chicken instead. The original recipe also serves 6, and since there are only 2 of us, I cut the crust in half, but changed up the amounts on the toppings a bit.
(**recipe below is updated to the full servings**)
This was good and was perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s really easy, and can be done in less than half an hour.
I was thinking that it would be ok to just put on half of a cookie sheet, but since I halved the recipe and the dough only went halfway down the cookie sheet, the side that was exposed was a little burnt. I would either use a smaller sheet or a pizza tin next time.
Make sure you don’t skip the ranch dressing, because the addition of the ranch dressing keeps it from being too dry. Both Josh and I decided that the topping of this would be great on some good grilled bread (maybe panini style??)
This was super easy to serve as dinner on it’s own, but you could always serve it with some more vegetables.
While we served it for dinner (and I think it’s a great dinner idea!) I also think this would be great as an appetizer. Just cut it into squares and put it on a serving dish, and watch them disappear! It would be easy to double the recipe for a crowd.
Looking for more free recipes?
Chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese top a quick crust for this easy dinner idea.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium roma tomato, diced
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Grease a 12×8-inch baking sheet or 9×13-inch dish.
- Stir together the Bisquick, 1/3 cup mayonnaise and the milk until a soft dough forms. Press into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, chicken, bacon and green onions. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle the tomato and cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Serve topped with shredded lettuce and ranch dressing.
adapted from Betty Crocker’s Quick and Easy Cookbook