Not your ordinary sandwich, this Garlic Roast Beef Sandwich is served on garlic bread with lots of roast beef, sautéed mushrooms and onions, and cheese.
Well, I wasn’t lying.
Because I’m back again with another sandwich recipe. And this is a good one!! Not only is this bad boy served up with sauteed mushrooms and onions, and then topped with cheese that gets nice and melty, but it is all served open face style on garlic bread. Yep – the garlic bread is the secret ingredient in these sandwiches. I don’t know why I never thought to serve up a sandwich on garlic bread before, but really, it’s a genius idea. It takes a good sandwich and makes it great.
I used deli roast beef, but I can imagine that this would be amazing with leftover pot roast, or pulled pork, or even shredded chicken. But the garlic bread is key!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 loaf (14-16 oz) French Bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ⅔ cup sliced onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb deli shaved roast beef
- ½ lb sliced Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, Parmesan and parsley. Mix well. Spread half of the butter mixture on each half of the cut side of the bread. Put the bread buttered sides together and wrap the loaf in foil. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until softened, 10-15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds, then add the Worcestershire sauce. Turn off the heat.
- When the bread is warmed through, remove and place on a large baking sheet, buttered sides facing up. Put half of the roast beef on each side, followed by half of the mushroom mixture on each side. Top with the cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-5 minutes. Cut each piece into 3 pieces to serve.
More Weeknight Sandwiches: