A change up on traditional Rice Krispie Treats – these Caramel Marshmallow Bars bring in another layer of flavor with caramel.
I don’t know about you, but I always need a super simple dessert idea to fall back on. Something that you know that everyone will love.
And sometimes, those recipes are so easy that you feel silly sharing them, but really, you want to, because let’s face it – everyone loves those crazy easy recipes. Especially when they are no bake. And done in half an hour.
Raise your hand if you like caramel. Now raise your hand if you like Rice Krispie treats. If you raised your hand for both, you are definitely going to love these easy bars. A step up from your typical Rice Krispie treats, these Caramel Marshmallow Bars combine two of my favorite flavors together (I’ve done it in popcorn, too!). Pour those flavors over cereal, and you have one delicious no bake treat. I never have good self control around the traditional treats, but if you add in caramel, I’m a goner!!
I combined both Rice Krispies and corn flakes in these to make them a little different, and I love the combination, but you could always go for straight up Rice Krispies. Either way, this is a recipe you want to keep on hand!
- 4 cups rice krispies
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1 (11 oz) package caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice krispies and corn flakes.
- Combine the caramels and water in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until melted, stirring often. Add in the marshmallows and cook until melted.
- Pour the caramel marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir to combine. With buttered hands, press into the prepared dish. Allow to cool and then cut into squares.
More fun with cereal: