Now that school is out for the summer, are you looking for a fun treat to make with your kids? These certainly fit the bill!
These aren’t your normal no-bake cookies. Instead, they are a chocolate oatmeal cookie ball that is rolled in powdered sugar – making them quite pretty in my opinion. And they are so easy that children wouldn’t have a hard time making them at all. And they are fun, since you get to get in and get your hands dirty! I liked these so much that I made them 3 times in a week for 3 different occasions!Print
No bake chocolate and peanut butter oatmeal cookies are rolled into balls and coated with powdered sugar.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar and cocoa. With clean hands, mix in the water, vanilla, butter and peanut butter to form a dough.
- Wash hands, then roll the dough into balls 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Roll balls in confectioners’ sugar until thickly coated.
- Chill 20 minutes before serving.
adapted from allrecipes