Burgers spiked with worcestershire sauce are topped with gouda cheese, sauteed mushrooms and homemade ranch dressing.
Every month, Rachael Ray has a burger recipe in her magazine. And every time I make one of her burger recipes, I wonder to myself why I don’t make them very often. She is the self-proclaimed “Queen of Burgers”, and in all honesty, I think she deserves that title. I love every single one of her burger recipes that I have made.
And this one is no exception. With Memorial Day on Monday, I thought it would be the perfect time to showcase this burger. I know that you probably already have your Memorial Day grill-out menu all planned out, (in fact, most of you might already be heading outside for the weekend!), but the good news is that you have the whole summer to try this burger. And you are going to want to try this. As long as you like worcestershire sauce. The burger itself definitely takes on a lot of the taste. Combined with the sauteed mushrooms, melty cheese, and ranch dressing – I was in heaven! The only thing that would have made these better would have been if I would have taken the time to make homemade buns. Next time!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1½ pounds ground beef chuck
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices Gouda
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup dry sherry or beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons buttermilk
- ⅛ cup finely chopped dill, parsley, chives and thyme, or 1½ teaspoons ranch seasoning
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, worcestershire sauce, grated onion, salt and lots of black pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Add the vegetable oil to the hot pan, then add the patties. Cook, turning once, for 8-10 minutes for medium. Top the patties with the cheese during the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 12 minutes. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook an additional 2 minutues. Deglaze the pan with the sherry or beef broth. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, buttermilk, herbs (or ranch dressing mix), lemon juice, hot sauce and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the cheeseburgers on the the roll bottoms, top with mushrooms and ranch dressing. Top with the top bun.
- Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray April 2012
More burger love!
Smoky Burger Sliders with Grilled Pineapple & Chipotle Mayonnaise from Cookin’ Canuck
Classic Grilled Hamburgers from Picture-Perfect Meals
Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple from Eclectic Recipes
Spinach & Feta Burger with Garlic Aioli from A Sweet Chef
Sirloin Sliders with Bacon Horseradish Mayo from Ezra Pound Cake
This post has been linked up to momnivore’s dilemma, The 36th Avenue, House of Hepworths, Thrifty Decorating, Katie’s Nesting Spot, Something Swanky, A Glimpse Inside, Fireflies and Jellybeans, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple