And now – Burgers.
And in case you are wondering, yes, we do still have just regular old tacos! 🙂
It’s funny to think that just a few years ago, I was terrified of making burgers. They were one of those things that were just intimidating to me. But now, I can’t seem to make them often enough. And I do have to say – I’ve gotten pretty good at cooking them in the past few years, too. They are really not as difficult as I used to think they were!
This burger here – well, it’s got to be at the top of my current favorite burgers list. Not only does it have Old El Paso taco seasoning in the burger, but it also has crushed up corn chips. That is my secret ingredient that really brings in that taco flavor and sets these apart from so many other burgers.
If you are craving a little bit of that Tex-Mex flavor, these burgers are your answer!
These Tex-Mex inspired hamburgers are filled with lots of Mexican goodness – including taco seasoning and crushed corn chips for that true taco flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) mild Ol El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- 4 slices cheddar jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa, for topping
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, taco seasoning, grated onion and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the crushed tortilla chips and lightly combine. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place the patties on the grill over medium heat. Close grill and cook, turning once, until desired doneness – about 10 minutes for medium. Top each patty with the cheese and cook just until the cheese melts.
- Layer the buns with sour cream, a patty, lettuce, tomato and salsa.
More taco favorites: