I have been tagged – not once, but twice (thanks Katie and Glenna!) with the same meme!! So I guess that means I really have to participate (although I’m only doing 8 random facts, not 16 since I was tagged twice!!)
Here is the name of the game. I am supposed to post 8 random facts about myself. Then I will tag 8 other people and leave a message on their blogs, and then they have to do the same. So here goes!!
1. I have recently discovered that I am a dog lover. We had several pets growing up, but once I was living on my own, I swore I would never have pets. I believed that they always made a mess, tore up the house and made everything smell bad. Then I met my husband. His parents have 2 dogs, and their house is always immaculate and never smells bad at all. We lived there for a few months while we were remodeling our house, and I totally fell in love with the dogs. We bought our own after that, and I am so glad. I love my dog – he is seriously a member of the family!! If I ever get to the point in my life where money is not an issue, I would love to rescue abandoned and/or abused dogs and find homes for them.
2. I cannot stand the smell of Corn Nuts. They make me physically ill. No one is allowed to eat them around me, as I will lose my lunch if they do.
3. I have a secret addiction to Law and Order. OK, it’s not so secret, but I seriously watch at least one episode a day. (I know, that’s a lot of tv!!) I don’t really know where the addiction came from, but I once had a roommate who loved it, so maybe that rubbed off on me, or maybe because it seems like there is always an episode on.
4. Growing up, I always thought I would get married by 21 and finish having kids by the time was 30. As it turns out, I didn’t get married until I was 28 and I turn 30 in less than 3 months and no babies yet. It’s funny how different your life turns out than how you thought it would when you were a kid.
5. Growing up, I always wanted to write children’s books. I was addicted to The Babysitter’s Club, and I still own many of the books in the series. I always did really well in English in school, so I don’t know why I didn’t pursue it.
6. I love cruising. Back when I was single, I went on 3 cruises in a year and a half. I have yet to take my husband on one, but it will definitely happen!! All three cruises were on different cruise lines (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity) and so far, Royal Caribbean is my favorite cruise line. I would like to test them all out so I know which one is best overall!!
7. I have never broken a bone. I once had my pinky finger smashed in a car door on the side with the hinges, but it it didn’t even break my finger.
8. For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to live in Seattle, even though I had never even been there until last year. Hopefully it will happen one day – my husband would also love to live there. He loves it there and lived in Tacoma for 2 summers playing baseball.
So, now I get to tag 8 people. I REALLY apologize if you have already been hit with this – I tried to look back on your blogs to see if you have participated, so I apologize if I missed it!!
Mandy @ Fresh From the Oven
Ruth @ Once Upon a Feast
Freya @ Writing at the Kitchen Table
Ellie @ Kitchen Wench
Kelly-Jane @ Cooking the Books
Patricia @ Technicolor Kitchen
Katelyn @ Color Life Brightly (new blog name Katelyn?)
Kristen @ Dine and Dish