An easy party dip, this Spinach Dip Recipe only takes a few minutes to assemble and is always a crowd pleaser. Best served with fresh vegetables, tortilla chips or slices of baguette.
Spinach Dip Recipe
Are you looking for the best dip recipe for entertaining a crowd? Look no further than this Spinach Dip Recipe!
I’m always a sucker for a good dip recipe, and this one is just that. It’s a recipe that is loved by everyone, even spinach haters! Even my kids go crazy over this spinach dip, so that’s saying something!
This is not only great for serving up at a party, but it’s also a great dip to keep in the refrigerator for snacking. I love to make up a batch and have a variety of fresh vegetables so that it’s all easy to grab for a quick snack.
Tips and Tricks
- Frozen spinach is the easiest. You can use fresh spinach, but it will take a little bit more work. You’ll need about 1 1/2 lbs of fresh spinach. Remove any tough stems and boil it for 30 seconds before draining. I would also suggest chopping it so that there aren’t any large pieces.
- If you can’t find garlic and herb cream cheese, you can use 8 oz of regular cream cheese. Either way, make sure that it is room temperature so that you can mix it easier.
- I have only made this with full fat ingredients. Feel free to sub in low fat ingredients if you’d like, but it will most likely alter the final dip. You’ll usually have a thinner dip with lower fat ingredients.
- This dip gets better over time. You’ll need to let it refrigerate for at least an hour, but I definitely prefer it after it has been refrigerated overnight.
What to Serve With Spinach Dip
My very favorite thing to serve this with is a selection of fresh vegetables. Any vegetables that you like should work, but some of my favorites are carrot sticks, strips of bell peppers, cauliflower, celery and sugar snap peas. But the choices are endless!
This dip recipe is also really good with tortilla chips or potato chips.
Another option is to take a baguette and cut it into slices and lightly toast them. If you do this, I would keep a knife or fork with the dip so that the dip can be spread onto the baguette pieces.
More Party Dip Recipes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 7.5 oz container garlic and herb cream cheese*
- 1 1 oz package ranch dressing mix (just the seasoning mix)
- 1 12 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. Mix well.
- Stir in the thawed and drained spinach.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but overnight is best.
- Serve with chips, slices of fresh baguette or fresh vegetables.