This super simple soup comes together in just minutes for a warm, comforting dinner.
In the mood for soup? This soup is the perfect soup to warm up with – and it’s especially comforting when served in a bread bowl! Bonus is that it is super quick to make – you can have it on the table for dinner tonight!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced ham
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans great northern beans, not drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the carrots, celery and onion, and cook until the vegetables are starting to soften. Add in the ham and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic until fragrant, another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add in the broth, the beans and liquid, and the tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes, or until heated through.