This easy Panini sandwich is filled with turkey, ham, cheese and pepperoncini, and a delicious balsamic mayonnaise.
I know that it’s that time of year. The time year when the internet is taken over by turkeys and pies and pumpkin galore.
And here I am, posting about a sandwich.
When I first started blogging, I would just blog about what I was eating. No planning ahead. So I would post about what I had on Thanksgiving the week after Thanksgiving. Sure, I was sharing the recipes I was making and eating, but what good is a Thanksgiving recipe the week after Thanksgiving? But since this blog was truly just a hobby back then, it wasn’t a big deal.
Now days, bloggers start thinking about holidays months before the holidays are actually there. I tried really hard to be organized this year. I really did. But life has snuck up on me, and organized is the last thing I feel. So while I will be bringing you plenty of Thanksgiving recipes still, today you are getting a sandwich. Because really, you have to eat dinner the other 29 days of the month, too! 🙂
This sandwich is super simple, but packed with a ton of flavor. I think I’ve been watching too much Rachael Ray, because she’s got me adding balsamic vinegar to everything lately. But believe me – the balsamic mayo on this sandwich totally makes it!!
And before I get the hate comments on the name of this sandwich, I know that this is probably not a sandwich that real Italians would make, and it’s not a sandwich you’d see in Italy. But these flavors scream Italian to me, so I’m sticking to the name. Because I can. 🙂
Now, go make a sandwich. This sandwich. You won’t regret it.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- ½ lb sliced deli turkey
- ½ lb sliced deli ham
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat a Panini press.
- Combine the mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Butter the outsides of the 8 slices of bread. Spread the balsamic mayonnaise on the insides of each of the slices of bread. Layer the turkey, ham and cheese on 4 slices of bread. Top with pepperoncini, then top with the remaining bread, balsamic mayo side on the inside.
- Grill the sandwiches on the Panini press until golden brown.
Other Sandwich Ideas: