Are you still going through turkey from last week? I was going to say that this is my last turkey recipe, but I actually still have one more turkey recipe coming at you next week!! But if your turkey is already gone, you’d better have a turkey on your Christmas menu – because you’re going to want leftovers!! And I’m hoping that you have just a little bit left, because these sandwiches are so good that you aren’t going to want to wait until Christmas!!
But the bright side is that this recipe would work equally well with shredded chicken. I love recipes that are so versatile! This is the perfect sandwich for an easy lunch or a casual dinner!
A great use for leftover turkey or chicken, these Honey Mustard Turkey Salad Sandwiches are great for lunches or an easy dinner.
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup halved grapes
- 1/2 cup mayonnasie
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 slices white bread
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, apples, craisins, pumpkin seeds and grapes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Pour over the turkey mixture and mix well.
- Serve about 1/2 cup of the turkey salad mixture on one slice of bread and top with another slice of bread. Repeat to make 6 sandwiches.