A great use for leftover turkey, this Turkey Salad Sandwich with Honey Mustard Recipe is great for lunch or an easy dinner. You can also substitute cooked, shredded chicken for the turkey.
Every Thanksgiving, I look forward to that day after Thanksgiving turkey sandwich. The one that has to be made on soft, white bread, with nothing but mayonnaise, turkey, salt and pepper. But once I’ve had my turkey sandwich, it’s time to get creative with those turkey leftovers!
Enter this Turkey Salad Sandwich. It’s like your favorite chicken salad sandwich, but loaded with lots of fall flavors. Plus leftover turkey!
This is a great day after Thanksgiving meal. Nice and easy and crowd pleasing!
Ingredients for this Turkey Salad Sandwich with Honey Mustard
Tips and Tricks
- Cut all of your ingredients similar sizes. If not similar, then at least cut them small. Otherwise, the sandwich is just really hard to eat.
- If you don’t have leftover turkey, cooked, shredded chicken works just as well!
- Pumpkin seeds are usually fairly easy to find – especially in the fall. The shelled seeds are usually called pepitas. You can often find them next to the sunflower seeds or in the bulk section.
- This is easy to make ahead. Make the turkey salad mixture and store in the refrigerator until needed. You could make the whole sandwich, but I wouldn’t do that unless you are going to be eating it within a few hours.
- Store any leftover turkey salad covered in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes
Looking for more free recipes?
A great use for leftover turkey or chicken, these Honey Mustard Turkey Salad Sandwiches are great for lunches or an easy dinner.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 12 slices bread
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and honey.
- To the bowl, add the turkey, apple, cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Stir to combine.
- Serve about 1/2 cup fo the turkey salad on one slice of bread and then top with another slice of bread.
- Repeat to make 6 sandwiches.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 568
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 586 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
Keywords: turkey salad, turkey salad sandwich