This easy Steak Sandwich Recipe has grilled steak and a delicious but easy Worcestershire mayonnaise.
I’m always on the lookout for a good sandwich. And a good steak sandwich recipe is hard to come by. But this sandwich was mighty tasty! It has a worcestershire mayonnaise that really stole the show for me. And in the photo, my meat looks really rare, but I think it’s just because I had it on a red plate. We do like our steak a little rare, but not as rare as this looks!! Note to self – never photograph meat on a red plate!! This sandwich, served with sweet potato fries, makes for a quick and delicious meal. The original recipe calls for arugula to top the sandwich, but that is one of the many ingredients I have a hard time finding. So I just used green leaf lettuce, and I don’t think the sandwich suffered at all. Make sure you you a hearty bread to hold up to the steak!
Next time you need an easy steak sandwich recipe, give this one a try!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- 1 pound steak
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices crusty whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 cup arugula or green leaf lettuce
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the steak. Spray the grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and cook the steak for 4 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Let the steak sit for 5 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Spread ¼ of the Worcestershire mayonnaise on each of 4 slices of the bread. Top each with ¼ of the steak, ¼ of the lettuce and then the remaining slices of bread.
SHOP THIS POST!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!