So why is it that I can’t just leave them alone?
When I was asked by my friends at Old El Paso to come up with a recipe using their Traditional Refried Beans, my mind immediately went to tacos. But I couldn’t do regular old tacos. That wouldn’t be very exciting.
So I decided to combine two of my favorites – tacos and pizza. Seriously – they are totally a match made in heaven!!
And I couldn’t stop at topping my pizza with tacos. I went and loaded them up with all the good stuff. Guacamole. Pico de gallo. Sour cream. And oh yeah – did I tell you I made them mini? Isn’t everything mini better?
I think I’m going to have to start combining foods more often, because these were mighty tasty. Now I just need to think of the next thing my tacos would taste good on top of!
Change up taco night by turning the tacos into pizza!
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef. Cook until almost no pink remains, and add the taco seasoning. Continue to cook until the beef is cooked through.
- Put the refried beans in a small pot and heat over medium heat until warmed through.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each out into an individual pizza. Top each with 1/4 cup of the refried beans, 1/4 of the beef mixture, then top with 1/4 of the cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or according to the pizza dough directions.
- When cooked, top with lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream.
More Taco Inspired Recipes:
**This post is sponsored by Old El Paso, but all opinions and experiences are my own.**