So why is it that I can’t just leave them alone?
When I was asked by my friends at Old El Paso to come up with a recipe using their Traditional Refried Beans, my mind immediately went to tacos. But I couldn’t do regular old tacos. That wouldn’t be very exciting.
So I decided to combine two of my favorites – tacos and pizza. Seriously – they are totally a match made in heaven!!
And I couldn’t stop at topping my pizza with tacos. I went and loaded them up with all the good stuff. Guacamole. Pico de gallo. Sour cream. And oh yeah – did I tell you I made them mini? Isn’t everything mini better?
I think I’m going to have to start combining foods more often, because these were mighty tasty. Now I just need to think of the next thing my tacos would taste good on top of!
Looking for more free recipes?
Change up taco night by turning the tacos into pizza!
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef. Cook until almost no pink remains, and add the taco seasoning. Continue to cook until the beef is cooked through.
- Put the refried beans in a small pot and heat over medium heat until warmed through.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each out into an individual pizza. Top each with 1/4 cup of the refried beans, 1/4 of the beef mixture, then top with 1/4 of the cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or according to the pizza dough directions.
- When cooked, top with lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream.
More Taco Inspired Recipes:
**This post is sponsored by Old El Paso, but all opinions and experiences are my own.**