Add a touch of the Mediterranean to Friday night pizza night with hummus, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and feta cheese.
We didn’t have a lot of pizza growing up. In fact, I don’t really ever remember my parents ordering pizza, and homemade pizza was a rare treat. Unfortunately, most of my childhood pizza memories are from the cardboard tasting pizza that was served for school lunches. So I’m really not sure where my love of pizza comes from. But truth be told, I didn’t really make a ton of homemade pizza until probably the last year or two. Ordering pizza is a different story – my husband loves take out pizza, so we have been known to order pizza every now and again, but making pizza at home is a fairly new thing for us. My mom actually commented a few weeks back about how much pizza we have – we were having it about once a week for awhile there – and I had to laugh because it hasn’t always been that way.
I do love to switch things up a bit when it comes to Friday night pizza night, though. Who wants boring pizza when you can turn your pizza into something spectacular?? This pizza literally comes together in minutes, especially because I used the Pillsbury Whole-Wheat Artisan Pizza Crust that I have totally fallen in love with. And I have been so in love with Mediterranean flavors lately – it was only natural that they would eventually make their way onto a pizza in our house. No more boring pizza night!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Add a touch of the Mediterranean to Friday night pizza night!
- 1 (13.8 oz) Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- 3/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 jar (7.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease a dark or nonstick baking sheet.
- Unroll the dough and press onto baking sheet to desired thickness. Prebake the dough for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread the hummus evenly on the dough. Top with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Bake 6 to 10 minutes longer, or until the crust is golden brown.
**This is a sponsored post, but as always, all opinions are my own.**