Moist, chocolate, banana infused brownies are topped with a peanut butter and banana frosting for a rich and delicious dessert.
Is it just me, or is it when you want to eat all the bananas, they turn brown super fast, but when you want brown bananas, they take forever to turn?? It seems like these days, I’m either drowning in overripe or underripe bananas. Luckily, we are banana lovers at our house, so even if they aren’t in the form that I’m wanting at that moment, I can find a way to use them!!
While there is nothing wrong with regular ol’ banana bread, I’m on a kick lately – turning those bananas into just about anything but the ordinary. At this rate, you all may start to think that all I do is hoard the bananas to let them go overripe to make something else with them. Hopefully you all love bananas just as much as I do. 🙂
I’ve done muffins, banana bread variations, cake, even cookies, but this time around, I thought I’d experiment with brownies. As much as I love brownies, I don’t have a lot of recipes for them here on Taste and Tell, so I thought I’d remedy that.
These brownies have a great banana base, making them moist and chocolatey and giving them the perfect amount of banana flavor. And if that wasn’t enough, (which really, you could totally get away with just making the brownies), I decided to top them with frosting. And what goes well with bananas and chocolate? Peanut butter!! You also get an extra kick of banana flavor with banana right in the frosting.
These are rich and moist and everything you want from a brownie. And something totally different to do with those overripe bananas. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself hoarding bananas now, too!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- ½ cup butter
- 1⅔ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1⅔ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place the butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Melt completely, then add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly, then stir in the sugar, banana, vanilla and salt. Add the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add the flour and stir just until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, 55-60 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until light and fluffy. Add in the banana, vanilla and salt and beat to combine. Slowly add in the powdered sugar until completely incorporated and creamy. Spread over the top of the cooled brownies, then cut into 24 pieces.
More Banana Favorites:
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!