The countdown is on. Only 9 working days left until I am back home with my daughter!! It’s both scary and exciting at the same time. But I am really looking forward to having a normal schedule and being able to spend some time at home. I have to admit – I haven’t even really been cooking much lately. By the time I get home from work and picking up my daughter, I’m usually so pooped that we scrounge together whatever we can for dinner. But when I do cook, it’s simple meals like this that have saved the day!
This is a really basic meal, but my husband loved it. But then again, this is his kind of meal – a simple protein and some veggies on the side. I am finding that Bisquick is a very versatile ingredient. Who would have thought that you could use it to bread pork chops!?! But it worked, and the pork chops were nice and crispy and delicious.
- ¼ cup Original Bisquick
- 7 saltine cracker squares, crushed (1/2 cup)
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 pork chops, about ½ inch thick
- Mix Bisquick, cracker crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Mix egg and water in another bowl.
- Dip pork chops into the egg mixture, then coat with the Bisquick mixture.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skilled with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork in the skillet 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until slightly pink in the center.