Looking for an uncomplicated lunch idea? These BBQ Chicken Wraps can be ready to go in 10 minutes if you keep shredded chicken on hand!
Photos Updated July 2015
If you are looking for a quick, easy recipe, look no further!! This was inspired by a Donna Hay recipe I saw in one of her cookbooks I checked out from the library. She used a chili sauce, I decided to go with barbecue. I was busy making cookies for the second time in 2 days, so I threw these together for dinner quickly.
You don’t even need a recipe for this one. I just took 2 chicken breasts and poached them until they were cooked through. After cooling, I shredded them, added barbecue sauce and ranch dressing. My original plan was to add just lettuce and red onion with the chicken in a tortilla, but my husband wanted cheese as well, so we added a little colby-jack and it was a great addition. I used some sun-dried tomato tortillas that I had, but plain would work equally well! This is a great lunch as well, and is wonderful served warm or cold.
These BBQ Chicken Wraps are perfect on those days when you just need to get something on the table fast!
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ¾ cup prepared bbq sauce
- ¼ cup prepared ranch dressing
- 4 large (10-inch) sun-dried tomato flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- thinly sliced red onions
- sliced tomatoes
- shredded cheddar or colby-jack cheese
- sliced avocados
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, bbq sauce and ranch and stir to coat the chicken.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place some of the lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cheese and avocado down the center of the tortilla. Top each with ¼ of the chicken mixture. Fold in the ends, then roll into a wrap.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. (Best served within a few hours.)
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!