Chicken salad with an island twist – these Tropical Chicken Lettuce Wraps are filled with chicken, pineapple, grapes, and coconut with a creamy sauce to make the perfect lettuce wraps.
Fresh and Easy!
If you’re looking for the perfect mashup of a classic recipe with a summer twist, you’ve met your match! These tropical chicken lettuce wraps are a crowd pleaser in the hot months.
As the temperatures are reaching their peak, I always find myself craving something fresh yet easy. Not only are these chicken lettuce wraps delicious, but they are actually semi-healthy. I have no doubt that this recipe will be on repeat for many of you like it is for me!
What You’ll Need
- The Chicken: You all know that I am a huge fan of having cooked, shredded chicken on hand for easy recipes. (If you want to see how I make mine, here are 5 different ways to make shredded chicken!) You can always use a rotisserie chicken, as well.
- The Sauce: This is simply made up of mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt, curry powder and lemon juice. You can sub in light mayonnaise to cut back on calories a little more, if you want, but I usually just have regular on hand. The Greek yogurt is a healthy way to bulk up the sauce without adding a lot of fat and calories, plus you get a bit of protein. The lemon juice brightens is all up. And the curry powder brings a ton of flavor. I have to admit that my kids weren’t too jazzed with the curry powder, but it is probably my favorite part of these chicken wraps!
- The Fruits: I know we’ve all seen grapes in chicken salad before, but this recipe gives you even more tropical flair with the addition of pineapple and coconut. This recipe really is for the lovers of the sweet and savory combination.
- Everything Else: I also add in some celery and slivered almonds to the chicken lettuce wraps to give them some crunch and to add to the savory part of the recipe.
Tips and Tricks
*You can eat this right after making it, but I definitely recommend refrigerating it to let it meld together and set up a bit. I actually like it the best the next day.
*You can serve this on bread or croissants, as well, if you prefer that over lettuce leaves.
*If I can find it, I like to use butter lettuce for the cups because the heads are smaller and it’s easier to make the “cups”. But you can really use iceberg lettuce or romaine, as well. Romaine is nice sometimes because you can make bigger “boats” with the lettuce!
*Store the chicken and the lettuce separately, and assemble before serving.
More Tropical Recipes
Salmon with Mango and Roasted Red Pepper
Hawaiian Hot Dogs
Coconut Shrimp Taco Recipe with Mango Salsa
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more family-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Tropical Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Chicken salad with an island twist – these Hawaiian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are filled with chicken, pineapple, grapes, and coconut with a creamy sauce to make the perfect lettuce wraps.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups cooked, shredded or cubed chicken
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 3/4 cup chopped pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken, grapes, pineapple, celery, almonds, and coconut. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight if possible.
- Serve on whole lettuce leaves.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 374 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: chicken salad wrap, tropical chicken
Leave a Comment...