A perfect cookie for the cookie jar, these cookies are filled with peanut butter, oats and chocolate chips.
(Originally posted with Bacon and Brie Fettuccine. Post and photo updated February 2013)
These cookies are so good. Thank goodness I made them before I made dinner and sampled a few, because I was so full after dinner that I had to wait a bit before I could have dessert. We always have cookies in the house, and I have a feeling these are going to be made quite often in my kitchen.
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or subscribe through your favorite reader
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter and both sugars. Add in the eggs and the vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, flour and baking soda. Mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- from Jumbo Empanadas