Take a trip to Hawaii for taco night with these Hawaiian Tacos!
This post is sponsored by Old El Paso.
I’ve never been to Hawaii.
It’s definitely on my bucket list. I will make it there one day. (Hopefully before I’m 50!) But with fall right around the corner, and since everyone has the end of summer blues, you can only sit back and dream of spending the last weeks of summer somewhere tropical.
I’m actually headed to Florida next week, and while there will be lots of sun and beaches, it’s still not Hawaii.
But that’s ok, because I can totally have a taste of Hawaii at home. And who says that a taste of Hawaii has to be some fancy drink that you drink out of a coconut?
These tacos take some great tastes of Hawaii and wrap them up in a taco shell – perfect for Taco Tuesday, or any other day of the week. The tacos themselves are actually really easy and simplistic. But the true star of this recipe is the Pineapple, Mango and Avocado Salsa. That stuff – let’s just say it’s dangerous, and you’ll be lucky if you have enough of it that makes it to the table to top your tacos with. So really – feel free to double the salsa recipe, because you just might need it! 🙂
I can’t think of a better way to take in these last weeks of summer!Print
Take a trip to Hawaii for taco night!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup prepared bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 package (4.6 oz) Old El Paso® taco shells (8 shells), warmed according to package directions
- In a large skillet, cook the ground pork over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks. When browned and cooked through, add in the bbq sauce and cook until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa: in a bowl, combine the red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, pineapple, avocado and mango. Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon the pork mixture into the taco shells and top with the salsa.
More Recipes with a Hawaiian Twist: