Shredded chicken, mango, avocado and bacon are the stars in this easy California Club Chicken Wrap that is perfect for a weeknight.
Love the flavors of a Club Sandwich? You’ll love these California Club Chicken Wraps!
I have officially hit that point in the summer where dinner needs to be cool and light instead of heavy and filling.
I recently remade this California Club Chicken Wrap and remembered exactly why these are perfect for the summer.
I like to keep cooked, shredded chicken on hand (it freezes great!), but you can always pick up a rotisserie chicken from the market as well. You do need to fry the bacon, but besides that, this is a cool and quick recipe!!
- Bacon: I just use regular bacon, but you can use thick cut, or even pre-cooked bacon.
- Chicken: Cooked, shredded chicken makes the best shortcut! This is also a great use for rotisserie chicken.
- Salt & Pepper: Always season with salt and pepper!
- Mango: The mango brings in a sweetness that really makes these wraps.
- Mayonnaise: Part of the mayonnaise goes into the chicken mixture, and part gets mixed in with the avocado. I use full fat, but low fat will work, as well.
- Lime Juice: You’ll want the fresh acidity from the lime juice.
- Avocado: If you don’t love avocado, you could leave this out, but I think it really makes the wrap special.
- Tortillas: I like to use the spinach wraps, but you can use regular flour tortillas, as well.
- Tomato & Lettuce: The tomato and lettuce add great freshness and texture.
How to Make this California Club Chicken Wrap
These wraps are super easy to make, but here is a video so that you can see just how to make them:
More Wrap Recipes
Looking for more free recipes?
Shredded chicken, mango and avocado are the stars in this easy California Club Chicken Wrap that is perfect for a weeknight.
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 mango, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large avocado, or 2 small
- 4 large whole wheat or spinach tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the mango, 3 tablespoons of the mayonnaise and the lime juice.
- Remove the pit and skin from the avocado and place in another bowl. Roughly mash, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Lay a tortilla on a work surface and spread 1/4 of the avocado mixture over the tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Layer 1/4 of the lettuce down the center, followed by 1/4 of the tomato, 2 slices of bacon, then 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Fold in the 2 sides of the tortilla, then roll up like a burrito.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Cut each wrap in half before serving.
slightly adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray July/August 2012
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 665
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 1103 mg
- Fat: 37 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 27 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
Keywords: chicken club wrap, chicken wrap, lunch recipe, easy recipe