Shredded chicken, mango, avocado and bacon are the stars in this easy California Club Chicken Wrap that is perfect for a weeknight.
Photos Updated July 2015
Originally posted July 7, 2012 – I have officially hit that point in the summer where dinner needs to be cool and light instead of heavy and filling. I recently remade this California Club Chicken Wrap and remembered exactly why these are perfect for the summer. I like to keep cooked, shredded chicken on hand (it freezes great!), but you can always pick up a rotisserie chicken from the market as well. You do need to fry the bacon, but besides that, this is a cool and quick recipe!!
The original post from 2012 follows:
I have been spending a lot of time in my archives lately. Not only updating the recipes, but I’ve been revisiting some of those recipes for dinnertime ideas. I have several 3 ring binders full of recipes that have been printed off over the years. A few of them are of recipes that I’ve never made, but several of them are of recipes that I have made and blogged about. I’m trying to simplify my life, which means I’m getting rid of a lot of stuff, and part of this purge has been going through these recipes. But instead of just getting rid of all of the recipes that I’ve already blogged about, I’ve ended up with a new binder of recipes that I want to remake!!
SEE HOW TO MAKE THIS CALIFORNIA CLUB CHICKEN WRAP HERE:
This chicken wrap is one of those recipes that I know will make it into my “I want to make these again” pile. So easy, and so perfect for a hot summer day. I have been really into super simple, little heat required meals this year, and this one totally falls into that category. The only thing that I was bummed out about with this recipe is that it calls for bacon, and I for some reason had zero bacon on hand when I went to make these. Which I was so sad about, because even though these were so good, I think they would have been even better with that bacon!! (**UPDATE 7/2015 – I included bacon this time!!)
Regardless, though, this chicken wrap was so good. And if you have a rotisserie chicken, or leftover chicken on hand, it makes these even easier. My idea of a perfect summer dinner!
Wrap it up with these other wrap recipes:
Thai Chicken Curry Wraps from Belly Full
Cucumber Ranch Turkey Wraps from Taste and Tell
Grilled Chicken and Avocado Wrapini from Seeded at the Table
Ground Beef Gyro Meatball Lettuce Wraps from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Balsamic Veggie Pepperoni Wrap from Coupon Clipping Cook
Shredded chicken, mango and avocado are the stars in this easy California Club Chicken Wrap that is perfect for a weeknight.
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 mango, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large avocado, or 2 small
- 4 large whole wheat or spinach tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the mango, 3 tablespoons of the mayonnaise and the lime juice.
- Remove the pit and skin from the avocado and place in another bowl. Roughly mash, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Lay a tortilla on a work surface and spread 1/4 of the avocado mixture over the tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Layer 1/4 of the lettuce down the center, followed by 1/4 of the tomato, 2 slices of bacon, then 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Fold in the 2 sides of the tortilla, then roll up like a burrito.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Cut each wrap in half before serving.
slightly adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray July/August 2012
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 665
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 1103 mg
- Fat: 37 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 27 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
SHOP THIS POST:
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!