Spice up your pizza night with this Buffalo Chicken Pizza that has buffalo sauced chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and blue cheese.
Photos Updated July 2015
I usually have an idea of what I want to write in a blog post before I even sit down to write. But if I have no idea of a story I want to share, or any idea of what I want to write, I usually go completely blank. And I’m having one of those blank times right now. Which actually, is totally unexpected because my husband started a new job this week, and I’ve barely seen him. You would think I’d have all kinds of things to talk about since I have spent the majority of the week talking to a 2 1/2 year old and a 6-month old!
I guess I just talk about the pizza, right? That’s what you are really here for anyway!
This pizza….oh this pizza. We all know that I am drawn towards anything buffalo themed, anyway, so when I saw a buffalo chicken pizza, I was all over it. And all of you nay-sayers that say that Rachael Ray’s recipes can’t really be made in 30 minutes – give this one a try. I totally had this done in 30 minutes, except for the fact that I made my own pizza dough. That added on about 10 minutes, but you could totally use store bought dough, or dough that you made earlier and froze. But this one is totally perfect for a weeknight.
This was everything I expected it to be. A little bit spicy from the hot sauce, but a little bit cool from the blue cheese. I realize that a lot of people don’t like blue cheese, so if you are one of those, I would just add on some extra Mozzarella. It would still be good. Easy, fast, and packed with flavor – what else could you ask for??
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons wing sauce
- 2½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 425ºF for 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the wing sauce, then add the chicken and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll the pizza dough out. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough to 1-inch of the edges. Spread the chicken evenly over the sauce, followed by the Monterey Jack cheese then the blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle the green onions over the pizza before serving.
Adapted from 30 Minute Meals
Other Buffalo inspired recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Rolls from Taste and Tell
Buffalo Fries from Life Tastes Like Food
Buffalo Chicken Tacos from How Sweet It Is
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas from Branny Boils Over
Blackened Chicken Buffalo Drumsticks from Foodiecrush
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!