Well, it looks like I’m in the mood to stuff things. Last week, it was the Double-Stuffed Butternut Squash, and this week, I’m stuffing potatoes.
But these aren’t just any twice baked potatoes.
They are sweet potatoes meets buffalo chicken. Aka – the perfect game day food.
We all know that I’m not one to sit down and watch an entire football game, cheering on my team. (Yeah – I don’t have a team. 🙂 ) But you will find me either in the kitchen, obsessing over making game day food or by the food table, eating the game day food.
That’s the exciting part for me. 🙂
I love buffalo chicken anything. Maybe not as much as Karly does, but pretty close. I actually had the idea for these potatoes pop into my head months and months ago. Since I love buffalo chicken, and I am obsessed with sweet potatoes, it only seemed natural for me to want to combine them. And I’m pretty much kicking myself for not making these back when I first imagined them. Because they are good. Really good. So good that I might have to use football as an excuse to make them once a week from here until February.
The most difficult part of this recipe is finding sweet potatoes that aren’t ginormous. (Is it just my grocery store that sells mammoth sized sweet potatoes?) But after digging around, I was able to find sweet potatoes that were about 9-10 oz each. But besides that, these are a cinch to make. Especially if you have some shredded chicken on hand already.
I’m pretty sure this is my idea of buffalo chicken heaven!Print
Game day food! Sweet potatoes are taken to another level in these Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes – sweet potatoes filled with buffalo sauce, blue cheese and the works!
- 4 sweet potatoes (9-10 oz each)
- 1 1/4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 4 oz blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot
- 2 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Clean and pierce the potatoes with a fork several times. Bake until soft, about 45 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and remove the flesh to a bowl, leaving a thin layer around the outside of the potato to keep the shape. Mash the sweet potato flesh. Add in 1/2 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese, the ranch dressing, 2 oz of the blue cheese, the Frank’s red hot, cream cheese and butter. Mix to combine. Stir in the shredded chicken.
- Add the filling back into the potato skins. Top with the remaining Monterey Jack and blue cheese. Return to the oven until heated through and the cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Serve topped with sliced green onions.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash from Sweet Treats and More
Buffalo Chicken Nachos from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Buffalo Chicken Waffle Fries from Buns in My Oven