An easy 5 ingredient marinade packs lots of flavor in this Honey Soy Chicken.
There is a good reason food blogging and I get a long so well. I love to try new recipes. My husband is known to brag about it from time to time – that in all of our years of marriage, he rarely has to eat the same meal twice. I have fun with it – making recipes from one of the hundreds of cookbooks I own, recipes that I’ve found on other blogs, recipes that I’ve seen on tv, or developing some idea that has popped into my head. There is never a lack of inspiration or even motivation for me.
But I have to admit to something. I have been cooking more from my archives lately than I have new recipes. I have become addicted. Not only do
some most of my old posts need new photos, but my main reason – there are some really great recipes hiding in there. Recipes that I’ve made once and promised to make again, but never did.
This Honey Soy Chicken is one of those goodies that has been hiding in the archives. It was originally posted with this Sweet Potato Hash, and not only was the photo atrocious, but I didn’t even really talk about the chicken.
Since we are in the midst of summer, I figured this was the perfect time to bring this recipe back to front and center. It doesn’t get much easier – a 5 ingredient marinade that takes minutes to throw together, then later you grill up the chicken. I had intended to let my chicken marinate overnight, and completely forgot, but I did manage to throw the marinade together in the morning to give the chicken about 7 or 8 hours to sit. This chicken was so packed with flavor, and the marinade helped to keep it nice and moist.
This Honey Soy Chicken was a true winner, and I’m so glad I chose to go back and make it again. And it’s made from ingredients I always have on hand, so it will make a great dinner when I don’t have a plan.
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, mirin, garlic clove and Chinese five spice powder in a large zip top bag.
- If the chicken breasts are large, cut them in half lengthwise, forming 2 thinner breast pieces. Add the chicken to the bag with the marinade. Marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill (or use a grill pan) over medium-high heat. Oil lightly. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Cook the chicken until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
More Ways to Get Your Grill On:
Around the Web:
Grilled Chicken with Jamaican Jerk Seasoning from Lemons for Lulu
Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings from She Wears Many Hats
Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kabobs from Wishes and Dishes