One thing I look forward to every year is our family New Year’s Eve celebration. It’s definitely all about family, but second in importance is the food. There isn’t a fancy dinner. There isn’t any elaborate planning. But there are lots of appetizers. Lots of them!! For several years now, it has been the tradition to get together and all bring an appetizer or two. But with my family, when we say that everyone needs to bring an appetizer, you can bet that we will all show up with 4 or 5 of them! We spend the evening playing games, laughing, and eating. And since every person in my family is a great cook, the food is always amazing!!
Needless to say, I’m always on the lookout for new appetizer ideas. I absolutely love brie en croute, but I decided to try something a little different here. I wanted something that was easier to grab and go – and these little bites are exactly that. No need for a plate, no need for a knife. Just your fingers!! And believe me when I say that this is one of the easiest recipes ever. Just 3 ingredients – a Pillsbury thin crust pizza crust, brie, and cranberry sauce.
If you need an appetizer idea for this holiday season, these little bites will be the hit of the party!
- 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 8 oz Brie, rind removed
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the pizza dough and place on a work surface. Roll out or use your hands to press the dough out to a 14x16-inch rectangle. Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut the dough into 2” squares. Place one square in the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Cut the cheese into 42 pieces. Place one piece of cheese in each muffin tin. Top with about ½ teaspoon of cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the edges of the pizza dough are lightly browned.
- Serve the bites warm.
**This is a sponsored post through Pillsbury, but all opinions are my own.**