These cranberry spiced pancakes would be perfect for a holiday morning, or for any cold winter’s morning.
This post has been sponsored by Bisquick
When I first decided to do 24 Days of Christmas, I didn’t take into account that by the time we reached this point, most of you would already have all of your entertaining and holiday preparations done. Unless you are like me, and will most likely be hitting the grocery store on Christmas Eve. But I still have a few really great recipes for you over the next few days. Maybe I’ll persuade you to change your plans, and if not, there’s always next year, right? 😉
If you haven’t noticed, I’ve had at thing for creating pancakes lately. And count these among one of my favorite holiday breakfasts. (Seriously – I think we are going to have to have 3 breakfasts on Christmas because there are so many things I want to make!!) But really, if you are someone that has cranberry sauce for Christmas dinner, these pancakes would be perfect for the day after Christmas – a great way to use up the extra cranberries!
These pancakes are made easy by starting with Bisquick. All you do is add a few spices, cranberry sauce, eggs and milk. And then they are topped with a cranberry sauce compote that takes them over the top! I don’t know about you, but I think I’ll be eating these pancakes all winter long!
- 1 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ingredients for the cranberry sauce. Bring to a gentle boil; let cook until thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pancakes: Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir in the eggs, milk, ½ cup cranberry sauce and vanilla.
- For each pancake, pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the hot griddle. Cook until bubbly on top and set on the edges. Flip and cook on the second side.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the cranberry sauce.
I am in a working relationship with Bisquick, and this post has been sponsored. I’m so glad to be able to work with companies and organizations that I truly believe in. Thank you for supporting them, too.