Fresh strawberries and cinnamon are the stars in this Easy Strawberry Bread. A great way to take advantage of strawberry season!
We haven’t even planted our garden yet. This crazy spring weather has had us waiting – not wanting a surprise snow storm to ruin the plants. So the space looks pretty empty out there – except for the strawberry plants.
A few years ago, my in-laws gave us a few strawberry plants, transported from their garden. Ever since we planted them, they have multiplied like crazy. But I look out my kitchen window to the garden and see those plants growing, and I get so excited for what is in store. There is nothing like going out into your backyard and picking and eating a strawberry straight from the plant. I am eagerly awaiting those little berries to grow and ripen!
Even though we don’t have any strawberries coming from the garden, we have been buying berries at the store like crazy lately. I love this time of year when the strawberries are super sweet – and cheap! So when I saw this recipe for strawberry bread in this month’s Cookbook of the Month – The Reluctant Entertainer – you can bet that I would be making this recipe!
This recipe makes enough for 2 large loafs. I decided to make 1 large loaf, and use my mini loaf pans instead of the second loaf. I have to say that we liked the mini loafs better than the large loaf. For some reason, in the large loaf, the strawberries made the bread a little bit mushy – but maybe if I would have cut the strawberries smaller, this could have been avoided. But the mini loaves were just perfect. I loved that this recipe has cinnamon in it – that hint of cinnamon gave the bread that little extra hint of something special. This bread totally screams springtime to me!
SEE HOW TO MAKE IT HERE:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. The batter will be thick. Stir in the strawberries.
- Place the batter in the prepared pans. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean - 35-45 minutes for small loaf pans or about 60 minutes for large loaf pans. Cool the loaves in the pans for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Shop This Post!
More Strawberry Love:
Around the Web:
Strawberry Cheesecake Rolls from Yummy Healthy Easy
Strawberry Cupcakes with Creamy Strawberry Buttercream from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Lemon Strawberry Shortcake from My Baking Addiction
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!