Cheese, roasted red peppers and green chiles fill a flaky pie crust for this crowd-pleasing appetizer.
For some reason, I felt like I needed to post one more perfect game-day food, even though the big football game is only a couple of days away and you probably already have your menu planned.
But what if I gave you one more recipe and told you that you need to make it?
And what if I told you that it is so easy that it only takes minutes to throw together?
What about if I told you that you don’t even need to have a football game as an excuse to make this – that I’m pretty sure you just need to make it right away??
I feel like all I really need to tell you about this Tex-Mex Appetizer Tart is that you should make it. So good. So easy. So fast.
And I’m pretty sure that not a crumb will be left after you introduce this to your guests.
I had a coupon for a free package of pie crusts, so I made this super easy by using a pre-made crust. I can only imagine how delicious it would be with a homemade crust. But if you are looking for something super fast and easy, a store bought crust totally works. The recipe makes 16 servings, but I cut mine into 8 slices for servings that were a little more substantial. If you are serving an array of appetizers, I would cut it into 16 slices, but don’t be surprised if people come back for seconds!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Looking for more free recipes?
Subscribe to my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing more family-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Tex-Mex Appetizer Tart
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
Cheese, roasted red peppers and green chile fill a flaky pie crust for this crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 1 (10 to 11-inch) pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-oz) diced green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Lay the pie crust on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, red peppers, mayonnaise, green chiles, cumin and chile powder. Spread the mixture on the pie crust, up to 1-inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the pie up over the filling, forming a 1-inch border.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the cilantro. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
slightly adapted from Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off
More Sport-Watching Appetizers
Quick and Easy Salsa with Baked Tortilla Chips
Around the Web:
Baked Pickle Chips from Lemons for Lulu
Artichoke Bread from Closet Cooking
Bacon Wrapped Pimento Cheese Poppers from Buns in My Oven
Leave a Comment...