One of my most popular posts to date is the Red Velvet Cheese Ball that I made back in February. And ever since I made it, the wheels in my brain have been turning with different flavor combinations that could be made just as easily. And now I’m only sad that it has taken me this long to actually try a different version. Because really, this is one of the easiest recipes ever. No baking, (yay for summer!), and very little hands on time. I used my gorgeous KitchenAid stand mixer, but you could seriously just mix this by hand.
The flavor combination that kept popping to the forefront of my mind was s’mores. S’mores are all the rage these days – and it’s understandable. What could be better than chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallow? This S’mores Cheese Ball has all of those flavors – presented in a way that would be perfect for summer entertaining. I can imagine that this would be the hit of the dessert table at your next backyard bbq.
I did some step-by-step photos for you to show you just how easy this is to throw together. The ingredients are similar to the Red Velvet Cheese Ball, but substituting chocolate cake mix for the red velvet cake mix. You’ll also need mini marshmallows, and of course, graham crackers.
Mix together the cake mix, cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar. Then mix in the marshmallows until they are evenly distributed and combined.
Lay a piece of plastic wrap on your counter, and plop the whole ball of mixture onto it. You don’t even have to touch it and get your hands dirty!
Use the plastic wrap and wrap the whole thing up into a ball. It doesn’t need to be perfect – as you can see, mine is not exactly a round ball, but it still works! You’ll need to throw it in the fridge at this point, and let it set up for at least 2 hours.
When the ball has chilled, take your graham crackers and roughly crush them up and place them on a small plate. You can go crazier than I did and completely crush them into crumbs, but I wanted to keep it a bit chunkier and more rustic.
Take your cheeseball out of the plastic wrap and roll it in the crumbs. Use your hands if you need to to get the crumbs to stick all over.
Place the cheese ball on a clean plate and surround with more graham crackers. Easy, peasy!! And better than delicious. I haven’t even been craving sweets, but I couldn’t stay away from this!!
The flavors of s’mores come together in an easy dessert cheese ball.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cake mix (dry)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 whole graham crackers, broken into crumbs
- Graham crackers, for serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the crushed graham crackers on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the graham crackers. Place on a serving plate and serve with more graham crackers.
Want more sweet cheese balls?