Slow Cooker Salsa Pork – pork roast is slow cooked with salsa verde and vegetables and then served over rice in this easy dinner recipe.
I have not cooked 1 time this week. It kind of seems like a crime for a food blogger to go 4 days without cooking anything. What can I say? I had grand plans, but we had lots of leftovers that needed to be eaten, then I took a chicken out of the freezer to make, but after 24 hours in the refrigerator, it was still frozen solid. So, that will be tonight’s dinner, (and hopefully it will finally be thawed!) Then last night I drove past Zupas and couldn’t resist. I guess sometimes even a food blogger needs a break!
This Slow Cooker Salsa Pork is one that you can make any day that you feel like you need a break, because the hands on time is so minimal that you’ll feel like you didn’t even have to make dinner. This recipe came about out of necessity while trying to clear out some ingredients from my kitchen. The end result was so delicious that I just have to share it with you! It seriously only takes minutes to put together in the morning, then after cooking all day long in the slow cooker, it only takes a few more minutes of work until dinner is on the table. That’s my kind of meal!!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
Pork roast is slow cooked with salsa verde and vegetables and then served over rice in this easy dinner recipe.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 35 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 1 cup prepared salsa verde
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- rice, for serving
- Trim the pork of fat. Cut into 2-inch cubes and rinse. Place in a slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, combine the salsa, broth, onion and cumin and bring to a boil over high heat. Add in the tomatoes and pour the mixture over the pork. Cook on low until the pork is tender and pulls apart, 6-8 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a large bowl and shred. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the liquid and vegetables from the slow cooker into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, skimming the fat from time to time, until thickened slightly, about 20 minutes. Add the pork into the liquid along with 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Heat through.
- To serve, ladle the pork mixture over a bed of rice. Garnish with the remaining cilantro and the sour cream.