These Rosemary Turkey Squares are a great way to use up leftover turkey! Turkey and rosemary are bundled in crescent rolls for an easy dinner full of flavor.
Photos updated October 2012
Call me crazy, but I love Mondays. Maybe it’s because I’m not going into an office and having a whole week of sitting at a desk to look forward to. But there is just something about a Monday that I love. It’s a great “start over” day. How many of you have said the popular line – “I’m starting my diet on Monday.” I know I’ve used it a time or two! But no matter how off track I get the week before on anything – from housework to eating to working out – I always feel renewed and refreshed on a Monday.
This meal really has nothing to do with Monday, but it is a great way to start thinking about after the holidays. As much as I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, I am equally looking forward to the days that follow – meaning lots of turkey leftovers! I always have to make a turkey sandwich first, but the rest of the leftovers are free – and these Rosemary Turkey Squares are definitely going to be number two on the list!
Although I didn’t make these with Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, they would be a great way to use up some of your bird! But in case you don’t have turkey leftovers, you can always make a turkey breast, or even use cooked chicken for this recipe. Either way, it’s a great way to get a tasty and easy dinner on the table.
More leftover turkey recipes:
Butternut Squash and Turkey Casserole
Mexican Turkey Breakfast Pizza
Turkey Fajita Pizza
Honey Mustard Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup
White Turkey Chili
Looking for more free recipes?
A great way to use up leftover turkey! Turkey and rosemary are bundled in crescent rolls for an easy dinner full of flavor.
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations, or 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in turkey, rosemary, green onions and bell pepper.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; press perforations together; cut into 4 rows by 3 rows to make 12 squares. (If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rows by 3 rows to make 12 squares.)
- Spoon about 1/3 cup turkey mixture onto center of each of 6 squares. Top with remaining squares; firmly press edges with fork. Place on cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
recipe from Pillsbury