It’s the week before Thanksgiving. You had planned to spend the holiday with your extended family, but plans fell through, and now you are at home, just you and your small family. You’ve never cooked a Thanksgiving meal before, but it’s not like you can skip out just because you’ve never done it before!! So, what do you do?
You don’t want to cook a full turkey. Your family is much too small for that. And let’s face it – a full turkey is kind of intimidating! But a turkey breast is totally do-able!
If you’ve never cooked a turkey breast before, you will find out it is so super simple. So simple, in fact, you don’t really need to wait just for a holiday to make one! It takes only minutes to prepare, then into the oven it goes to roast for 1 ½ to 2 hours. This frees up your time to make the other goodies, like stuffing and bread, or it gives you the extra time to spend doing things with your family! The hardest part of making a holiday meal, especially if you are doing it all on your own, is scheduling time in the oven for everything you are making. Turkey needs to go in, but pies also need to be baked, and rolls, and the green beans.
The solution to this is super simple, too – the GE Café™ Double Oven Range would make Thanksgiving morning a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable. You get two ovens that can be set at two different temperatures. And the bottom oven is a convection oven! Talk about making your job a little easier!!To cook on the stove is a dream, too. It has a tri-ring burner that goes as high as 20K BTUs – the most powerful burner GE Café ™ has ever made!
Or how about making the job go more quickly with the GE Café™ Advantium 120V Oven? With its Speedcook feature, you can cook more than two times faster than conventional baking! That’s a great way to get more family time into your holiday!!
Looking for more free recipes?
Turkey dinner without the hassle of cooking a full turkey! This recipe produces a moist, full of flavor turkey breast – perfect for a smaller family.
- 1 6-8 lb bone in turkey breast
- 4 tablespoons butter, (softened)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, (chopped)
- 1 apple, (quartered)
- 1 onion, (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Rinse and dry the turkey breast. Gently pull the skin up from the breast, creating a pocket.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and the herbs. Mix together completely. Using your hands, press the butter in between the skin and the breast meat. Place the apple and the onion in the small cavity under the bone.
- Place the tablespoon of flour in an oven-safe turkey bag. Shake to distribute. Place the turkey breast in the bag and set in a baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep. Make sure the onions and apple are on the bottom. Pour the chicken stock over the turkey. Tuck the edges of the bag under the breast and cut a few slits in the top of the bag.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a thermometer inserted in the breast reads 170F, about 1 ½ to 2 hours. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Do you want to win a $100 Visa card to make your holiday season even better? BlogHer and GE Café™ are giving one away to one of my readers! Just comment below and let me know – what is your favorite thing to make for Thanksgiving?
You also have a chance to win a fabulous GE Café™ Advantium 120V oven. To win, just go to the GE Café™ Prizes & Promotions section page on BlogHer, between 11/10/11 – 11/30/11, and share your favorite recipe or idea for a chance to win!
Rules for $100 Visa gift card sweepstakes:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods between 11/10/11 and 11/30/11:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.