So I have a question.
When I buy bananas at the store, they are usually a little bit green. This usually gives us a few days to eat them up before they get overripe. But why is it that sometimes those bananas get ripe in like 12 hours after you get home from the store??
I swear that is what this last bunch of bananas felt like. Like I didn’t even have time to eat one before they turned. We already talked about how I like my bananas. And these just had no chance.
I know that I’ve been all about the banana lately. Black and White Banana Cake, I remade some Banana Cookies, and from the looks of it, even after these muffins, I still have more bananas to go. They just aren’t giving me a break here!!
But that’s ok, because I’ve been able to make some pretty great banana goods. Like these muffins. I just couldn’t resist. Toffee pieces and bananas – together in muffins? Sign me up!Print
Another use for those over-ripe bananas, these muffins combine toffee with banana for a decadent breakfast treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 oz) toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 16 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add in the bananas, milk, oil and egg. Lightly mix just until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the toffee bits.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle the remaining toffee bits on top. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
- Slightly adapted from Taste of Home Bake Shop Favorites