Beat the heat with these Summer Shrimp Rolls that only require 3 minutes of cooking. Dinner can be on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Photos Updated June 2016
What do you do when you come across a recipe that is not really for the “season” you are in? I really tried hard this year to post about all of the seasonal recipes that I made in the season you are supposed to eat them in. Last year, December rolled around and I realized I hadn’t posted a strawberry rhubarb jam I made. I felt silly posting it in December, but I felt like I had to for part of my Cookbook Project. So really – I tried really hard this year. And I thought I was doing really well.
Until I was going through pictures today, deciding what to post, and not only found these Summer Shrimp Rolls, but also a lovely cake that I made with nectarines. What to do?? I could have just pushed them aside, either not posting about them or waiting until next summer. But they were both so good that I just have to post them! I guess you could always bookmark them for next summer. And hey – it’s almost summer in Australia!! (And don’t worry – I’ll be posting the cake recipe soon as well!)
Technically, you can eat these shrimp rolls any time of year. Hopefully you froze some of that fresh summer corn, and this would be a great way to use it. One of the best parts of this recipe is that you can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes. You can’t beat that!!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 8 hot dog buns
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add the corn and continue to cook, stirring, until the shrimp is opaque, about 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, pesto, and lemon juice. Stir in the bell pepper, green onions and reserved shrimp/corn mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the shrimp mixture in the hot dog buns.
SHOP THIS POST!
More Summer Shrimp Recipes:
Around the Web:
Shrimp Avocado Salad from Add a Pinch
Shrimp Pasta Salad from Spend with Pennies
Grilled Coconut Lime Shrimp and Summer Veggies in Foil from Diethood
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!