A restaurant worthy meal, this Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine is easy to prepare yet impressive and delicious!
You all know by now that I love babies, right?? Which is why I can never turn down an opportunity to celebrate a fellow food blogger, and her little baby boy that will soon be joining her family. I’m so excited to say a big “SURPRISE!” to Liz from The Lemon Bowl today, as a bunch of us have gathered together to throw her a surprise virtual baby shower!
And do you know what the best part is about throwing a virtual shower? Everyone is invited!! We were all asked to bring something with lemon as one of the ingredients – Liz is The Lemon Bowl, after all. Seeing that lemon is one of my very favorite flavors ever, this was pretty easy for me. (And I can’t wait to try some of the other contributions!!)
I have been looking around in my archives a lot lately, and I realized that I used to make shrimp and fish a lot, and that has kind of disappeared in the last couple years. I don’t know if it’s because I have kids now and have been afraid that my kids won’t eat it, or if I just got caught up in chicken, but I truly love any and all seafood, and I think it really needs to make a comeback here. Starting with this dish.
One of my favorite things about shrimp is how easy and fast it is to cook. This meal is super easy. But the great thing about it is that it looks fancy. This is totally date-night-in food. Or impress the company food. Or invite my girlfriends over for dinner food. And maybe my favorite – celebrate the upcoming birth of a baby boy food. No matter what you serve it for, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. And don’t discount the kids – Abbi seriously would have probably eaten every single shrimp out of the pot if I would have let her. If I knew how much she loved shrimp, I would have probably started adding it to the menu more often sooner!!
Congratulations, Liz. I’m so very excited for you, and can’t wait for your little bundle to arrive!!
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- Zest from 1 medium lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and a generous amount of pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Add the shrimp, butter, parsley and basil into the sauté pan. Cook for a few minutes, until the shrimp is opaque. Add in the linguine and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the pasta is well coated.
It wouldn’t be a party without a whole bunch of food, right? Make sure you check out all of these party worthy dishes from a bunch of great bloggers, all celebrating Liz’s little bundle. This is a party I wish I was attending in real life!!
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table