Not near a campfire? No problem – these Mini S’mores Boats are fun for the whole family – and a lot less messy, as well!
We are a s’mores loving household. There is nothing like being out in the woods, with a marshmallow over the campfire. Then squishing that marshmallow between two graham crackers with a piece of chocolate stuck in.
Unfortunately, though, we can’t all just drive into the mountains every time a s’mores craving hits. And let’s face it – as the mom of 3 young children, s’mores can get pretty messy.
Enter the s’mores boat. Old El Paso has come out with the best new product. I was already in love with their taco boats for taco night, but now they have them in a mini size!! These are the perfect little two bite treat – and they are the perfect vehicle for an at-home s’mores treat.
These couldn’t be simpler, either. Just take your mini taco boat and add some graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and marshmallows. And just for fun, sprinkle a little bit more of those crumbs on top. Pop them into the oven for a few minutes until everything is nice and melted, and you have a s’mores treat in just minutes. I love the toasted marshmallows, so I got out my kitchen torch, but you could also put them under the broiler. Just make sure you keep an eye on them – you don’t want them catching on fire, and they will burn if you aren’t watching them!
Just to keep things fun, you can also use your favorite candy in place of the chocolate chips. Our favorites were candy coated chocolate pieces and peanut butter cups. Just make sure you cut the candy into small pieces, if needed.
This is a fun dessert for the whole family, and would be great for a party, as well. Put out all the ingredients on a table and let everyone make their own favorite combination. Fun and delicious!
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats
- 4 whole graham cracker sheets
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, candy coated chocolate pieces, or favorite chocolate candy bars cut into small pieces
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Break each graham cracker into 4 rectangles. Crumble one rectangle into the bottom of each mini taco boat. Top with 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips or candy, followed by ¼ cup of miniature marshmallows. Crumble a little bit of additional graham cracker on the top. Place the boats on a baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the marshmallows are soft and slightly puffed, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven. If desired, you can use a kitchen torch to toast the tops of the marshmallows, or place under the broiler for a few seconds (be careful as they can burn quickly). Let the boats cool for a minute or two and serve.
Set out a s’mores bar and let everyone assemble their own boat and add whatever candy they like the best!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!
I am in a working relationship with Old El Paso, and this post has been sponsored. I’m so glad to be able to work with companies and organizations that I truly believe in. Thank you for supporting them, too.