Photo Updated December 2012
I was having a conversation with Josh the other day, and for some reason, these chicken stuffed crescents came up. He insists that I have never made them for him. I could hardly believe it – this is one of my favorite recipes. So onto the menu it went! (Especially when I picked up some Pillsbury crescent rolls on sale!) I got this recipe from my sister years ago. I’m not sure where she got it from, but it has been one of my favorites since the first time I tried them. I was going to half the recipe since there are only the two of us, but then I remembered what great leftovers these make. They will be perfect to pack in Josh’s lunch for tomorrow, and I won’t complain about snacking on a few of them myself!! These are great all by themselves, but some sort of chicken gravy would also be nice.
- ⅔ cup prepared seasoned bread stuffing
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- ⅔ cup mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine stuffing and walnuts. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese and pepper. Combine the cream cheese mixture, stuffing mixture, mushrooms and chicken.
- Open the crescent rolls and divide into triangles. Spread the dough slightly larger and add some of the mixture to the wide end. Roll up the crescent roll, keeping the chicken mixture inside.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until browned.