I’m always late in announcing these winners – I really will be on top of things one of these days! But it works perfectly into this post – because I promised Candy Corn Fudge!
This will actually be the first post of 2 today. I made 2 different kinds of fudge, but well – I just made the second kind yesterday and I don’t have pictures yet. So it will be up this afternoon.
While I am usually a cookbook/magazine/blog kind of cook, lately I have really been inspired by different things I’ve seen around for sale. Which sends me on the search for a recipe, and then for some experimentation. I saw some candy corn fudge for sale, and while it was more like the fudge I will show you this afternoon, I got thinking that it would be fun to do a vanilla fudge and color it like candy corn.
I thought this was so fun, and would be perfect for a holiday party. It’s quite sweet, so a little really goes a long way. And my layers aren’t very even, but I think it’s because I only made half the recipe, so my pan was too big and it was harder to control the layers.
My biggest hint for this recipe is to make sure you have everything ready to go. Especially once you start coloring the layers – because the fudge will start to set up pretty quickly and you need to get all the layers down before it sets up. But it is so easy to make – no candy thermometer needed – and it probably takes less than 15 minutes to throw together.
In my Celebrate Autumn giveaway, I promised a half a pound of Candy Corn Fudge. Well, since I love giveaways, I’m going to do another giveaway! This one is just for 1/2 pound of fudge (1/4 pound of each kind), and all you have to do to enter is be a Facebook fan! If you are already a fan, you are already entered. You don’t even have to leave a comment if you don’t want to. (Although I always love comments!) And if you aren’t a fan, head on over and Like my page. It’s that easy! Sorry to any of you that aren’t on Facebook – but there will be another giveaway next week that you can all take part in. This giveaway will close next Wednesday, October 20 at 11:59pm MST, and the winner will be announced on Thursday (or a day or 2 later – you know that’s how it usually goes with me!!) Giveaway closed!
- 2½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 8 oz. white chocolate chips or white chocolate, chopped
- yellow and orange food coloring
- candy corn, for decorating
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with foil. Let the edges hang over the sides of the pan. Butter pan or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and the evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove pan from the heat.
- Add the marshmallow creme and white chocolate. Stir until mixture is smooth. Pour ⅓ of the mixture into one bowl, and ⅓ of the mixture into another bowl. Color each with yellow or orange food coloring. Spread the yellow fudge into the pan and top with the orange fudge. Pour the remaining ⅓ of the mixture on top. Top with candy corn.
- Let cool to room temperature. When ready to serve, cut into 1? squares.
- adapted from ezinearticles.com