Photo updated December 2012
I am easily influenced when it comes to food. Reading a blog one day, a friend mentioned that all she wanted was a hamburger. Sure enough, all I could think about was eating a hamburger after that. Then a friend on Facebook mentioned eating gummy cola bottles. For the next week, I looked for them in every store I went to, then finally found some to have my craving cured. And fudge – don’t even mention fudge to me, because I will immediately crave it! It’s very dangerous, too, because my husband doesn’t like fudge. That means if I make some at home, I will either have to find someone to give it to, or I will eat the whole pan. After I saw this fudge recipe, I couldn’t get it out of my head. Not only did it sound delicious, but it sounded like the easiest fudge recipe I had ever seen. And I think I was right – seriously the easiest recipe! I think this one is no fail – I don’t think anyone could mess this one up! And guess what? My husband even liked this fudge!
**note – I have had a few people say that this recipe hasn’t worked for them. I have made it several times and it has worked every time. Make sure you are using sweetened condensed milk, NOT evaporated milk. The fudge is soft, so if you prefer a stiffer fudge, you can add in more chocolate chips.**
Fudge – with Oreos! – doesn’t get easier than this! 4 ingredients and 5 minutes prep is all it takes.
- 8 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups mini Oreo cookies (about 37)
- Reserve 25 mini Oreos. Cut the remaining cookies in half. Set aside.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides.
- Microwave the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a microwavable bowl on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Blend in the vanilla. Stir in the halved mini Oreos.
- Spread the fudge into the prepared pan. Top the hot fudge with the whole mini Oreos, arranged in 5 rows of 5. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 25 squares.
- from Kraft Food & Family Holiday 08