I promised you one more turkey recipe, and boy – am I here to deliver! I have been on a total pizza kick lately. I can’t get enough of it. I also can’t get enough Mexican food. Seriously – I could eat enchiladas or tacos or burritos several times a week, and I probably wouldn’t get sick of it.
So of course – what happens when you combine pizza night with Mexican night?? And throw in some leftover turkey? Pure magic on a pizza, that’s what!!
I knew before I even made this pizza that I would like it. Really, you can’t go wrong with the flavors of fajitas all thrown on top of pizza. But I loved it even more than I thought I would. I thought it would just be a good way to use up that leftover turkey, but this was a favorite that was devoured.
And whatever you do, don’t skip the avocado. I used delicious Avocados from Mexico , and the simplicity of sliced avocados on a hot pizza – well, it was heaven. I love the creamy element they add, and this pizza would simply not be the same without them.
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- ½ cup salsa
- ¾ cup cooked turkey, sliced or shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1½ teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Avocados from Mexico, sliced
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime slices, optional
- Preheat oven according to your pizza dough directions.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, bell pepper, onions and fajita seasoning. Mix until combined.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Spread the salsa on top of the dough to ½ inch of the edges. Spread the turkey mixture evenly over the dough.
- Cook the pizza according to your dough directions.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with sliced avocados and sprinkle with cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over the pizza, if desired.
*I am in a working partnership with Avocados from Mexico and Muy Bueno and was compensated for recipe development. But as always, all opinions are my own.*