Looking to up your protein game? This Protein Packed Cobb Salad Recipe is not only delicious and filling, but filled with protein. Top them with Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Dressing for a salad you can feel good about!
Check out the giveaway at the end of the post!
I have this dream where I have this big yard, filled with plants and flowers and vegetables. And an apple tree, according to my 5-year old. 🙂 Growing up, we had an amazing yard that my dad took great care of. And a huge garden. I didn’t quite appreciate it back then, but looking back now, I know just how amazing it is to have fresh vegetables, especially straight out of the garden.
In my imaginary garden, I will have everything I need to go out and pull up just what I need for a salad. Because
some most days, nothing hits the spot quite like a huge bowl, filled with fresh produce.
But what is also great is being able to top your salad with something that is simple, flavorful, and isn’t filled with all kinds of crazy ingredients. Enter the Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Salad Dressings. Easy, recognizable ingredients that you can pronounce. No preservatives or artificial ingredients to get in the way. Natural, just like those leafy greens.
Now, when I want a salad, I usually really want a salad. Something that will fill me up, but is still good for me. Enter this Protein Packed Cobb Salad Recipe. There is so much goodness going on here. Avocados, edamame, boiled eggs, bacon… And don’t forget the chicken breast that really adds some oomph to this Cobb salad recipe. I love blue cheese dressing on a Cobb salad, but since I was serving this to my kids, and since they are a little leery of “stinky cheese” I opted for the Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch. We go through ranch like it’s going out of style, so I knew the whole family would love it. (And then I added blue cheese on top of my salad to curb that craving!)
I could really eat this pretty much every day and be a happy girl. In fact, when I made this to photograph it, I ate it for two meals that day!! I can see this salad being devoured in my house all summer long!
For more from Marzetti®, check them out on their website, Facebook, YouTube or Pinterest.
Looking to up your protein game? This Protein Packed Cobb Salad Recipe is not only delicious and filling, but filled with protein.
- 2 (8 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing
- Cut each of the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, creating 4 thinner breast pieces. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat and grease the grates. Cook the chicken until it reaches 160ºF, flipping once. Remove and tent under foil and allow to rest.
- Dice the bacon, then add it to a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook until crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Slice each of the chicken breasts.
- To assemble the salads, combine the mixed greens and kale and divide between 4 large bowls. Top each with 1/4 of the chicken, bacon, tomatoes, edamame, 1 boiled egg and 1/4 of the avocado. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese, then drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of the Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Ranch Salad Dressing. Serve immediately.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand. The opinions and text are all mine.